Procedure for Regularization & Change of
Name in LPG connection
Regularization of LPG Connection:
Person in possession of the cylinder/s, pressure regulator wants to get connection regularised with the consent of authorised customer.
- Declaration/ consent from registered customer for transferring the connection in the name of the person actually holding the equipment.
- Declaration from actual holder of the SV & equipment indemnifying the Oil Company against any claims on account of such transfer of connection. – format available with the distributor.
- Distributor will verify particulars against records. Once found in order, will prepare TV in the name of the original SV holder and refund the security deposit amount to the person indemnifying the Oil Company.
- Security deposit at prevailing rate shall be collected from the holder of the equipment and fresh SV issued in his/her name.
- In case of SV lost/misplaced, an undertaking for loss of SV to be submitted.
Person in possession of the cylinder/s and pressure regulator without any connection documents:
- Persons holding LPG equipment without any connection document (SV/DGCC), to submit undertaking and pay the entire security deposit of the available equipment at prevailing rate.
Transfer of connection due to death of connections Holder:
- Next of kin to deposit original SV and produce copy of (i) death Certificate and (ii) Legal heir certificate/NOC from other legal heirs/undertaking as per standard format.
Fresh SV shall be issued in the name of the legal heir on same deposit as in original SV.
- Fresh SV shall be issued in the name of the legal heir on same deposit as in original SV.
Change in name during lifetime of the customer:
- The change of name is applicable to connections released under General Scheme alone and not under PMUY.(UID)
- Transfer of the LPG connection is allowed,
a) Within family (i.e. Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother, Sister, Spouse, Children) is permitted. There is no change in Security Deposit in case of such a transfer.
b) Outside Family with change in Security deposit amount at prevailing rate. The differential security deposit has to be paid by the transferee.
- Registered customer to submit written consent in favour of the family member. Family member in whose name the connection is being transferred to indemnify the Oil Company against any claims on account of such transfer – format available with distributor.
- Original connection shall be terminated through Termination Voucher (TV). Fresh Subscription Voucher (SV) shall be issued in the name of the Transferee/ Regularized consumer.
Note: In, all of the above cases of regularization / name change, the Transferee should not be in possession of any other LPG connection of PSU Oil Company and shall be required to submit proof of
Identity & Address, KYC form along with duly filled in declaration. The connection shall be regularized only after de-duplication check based on records submitted and on successful clearance check,
the new SV will be handed over to customer.